Nuffnang

Friday, November 28, 2008

Infinite Playlist

In conjunction with Nuffnang's promotion of movie, Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist,  I have decided to compile a list of songs from my "Top Rated" list to share the love this festive season! 

Okay I admit, the primary reason being I haven't watched a single movie since Eagle Eye and the secondary being I want to catch this movie because there's Michael Cera in it! :D

I dedicated some time into doing this list up, and the songs might not be the exact message I want to convey, but at least I think it managed to capture the essence of it. 

Here (play & read!) :



1) Backstreet Boys - Christmas Time
The original song is by Bryan Adams (I think) or Donny Osmond, and what struck me as an ideal first choice is that we are entering the month of December, which is my favourite holiday period and Christmas. A quick Googling of the lyrics will find you enjoying each lyrics as you read them. 

Friends are reunited
One big family
Filled with love to last
Throughout the year 

It is time to share our love! :) This I dedicate to all friends and families, relatives and acquaintances alike.

2) Meryl Streep - Slipping Through My Fingers
For those who watched Mamma Mia! would know this song was sung through the voice of a mother, of how she shared her emotions as she watches her daughter grow older day by day. It's a melancholic song and it doesn't fail to remind me of how us as children should be filial.

Slipping through my fingers all the time
Do I really see whats in her mind
Each time I think Im close to knowing
She keeps on growing
Slipping through my fingers all the time

This one's for all Mothers!

3) Disney - The Bare Necessities
I'm not sure how other Fathers want their children to be brought up, but for my dad, he always teach us to go for the simplicities in life and what is most important is to be happy. We are not rich, neither is he well-educated, but all he ask for is a happy home.

Look for the bare necessities
The simple bare necessities
Forget about your worries and your strife
I mean the bare necessities

I dedicate this song to my Papa.

4) The Moldy Peaches - Anyone Else But You
This song is the full version from the movie, Juno, about teenage pregnancy. Not that I want to send a wrong message across, but the story tells of two best friends falling in love with each other and it really is a very cute romantic affair. The way they bicker reminds me of my Sis and her boyfriend.

You are always trying to keep it real
I'm in love with how you feel
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you


Thus, this one is definitely for the lovebirds!

5) Jennifer Hudson - All Dressed Up In Love
Abstracted from the movie soundtrack, Sex in The City, an ordinary girl-next-door seeking for true love. An easy theory: Believe in Love, Love will come find you eventually. I believe that the human nature enjoys loving as well as being loved, because it also gives us a sense of belonging.

Now if you really want one of your own
I hope your shoes are made for walking
Cuz I found love, and you must find love 

I dedicate this song to my good friends, they remind me of happy times despite ups and downs in life. 

6) Weezer - My Best Friend
Okay, this might sound really silly but this song is really simple with repeated lyrics. It depicts how I feel truly in this part ...


I'm here right beside you 
I will never leave you 
and I feel the pain you feel 
when you start crying 

I doubt no one will guess it right... this song I dedicate to my "best friend" dog, QQ. Heh. Don't laugh!

7) Collin Raye - Love, Me
The entire song tells about a story of man's love for his wife. Whenever I listen to this song it reminds me of my grandparents, their great old tales of romance.

I don't know how long I'll be
But I'm not gonna let you down
Darling wait and see
And between now and then
Till I see you again
I'll be loving you
Love me

This one of course, is for my grandparents!

8) Madeleine Peyroux - Dance Me To The End Of Love
Originally by Leonard Cohen, Madeleine Peyroux's rendition of this song re-ignites my passion for dance. This is how I would want to feel when I found love.

Dance me very tenderly and dance me very long
We're both of us beneath our love, we're both of us above
Dance me to the end of love
Dance me to the end of love

Here's my narcissistic act of dedicating this song to myself, to constantly remind me that I should start dancing again soon.

9) Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - Doll on a Music Box
I relate this song to myself, because my friends always say that I'm dependant on others, specifically a partner. Sometimes, it's not just about meeting somebody fantastic, but rather the right person at the right time. And in the musical that I caught this April at Esplanade, when the actors were singing this song, the chemistry (be it being real or not) and the kiss was perfect.

What do you see
(Truly Scrumptious)
You people gazing at me
(you're truly truly scrumptious)
You see a doll on a music box, that's wound by a key
(scrumptious a...)

How do you know when you falling in love? At least I know I'm currently glowing.

10) Michael Jackson - Heal The World
Last but not least, what with the ongoing protests in Thailand and its speculations of the coutry going to war, and Mumbai attacks these few days, I think our entire Globe needs to some love as well. I shall risk sounding like a Peace advocate here and hope there can be less bloodshed during this time.

Heal the world
Make it a better place
For you and for me
And the entire human race
There are people dying
If you care enough for the living
Make a better place
For you and for me

How very apt. This one is for the world. 

In the meantime, remember to catch Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist, find out more about the movie at http://nicknorah.com.sg.     

The movie opens 11 Dec 2008.

0 comments:

thiang.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.