Nuffnang

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Homemade Goodness

For the past few weeks, I've been staying at home (albeit two different ones) all day surfing the net mindlessly, compiling information, or just enjoying my Gossip Girl, 90210 and movie marathons, I've developed a weird habit of "cooking" or making foods. Like the other night, we were concocting multiple milky shots using Grand Marnier, Kahlua and Bailey's.


We even added Absolut Citron and fresh milk to enhance the taste. Hahaha.

The Boy had 9 shots before feeling 'high'. I was knocked out after 2. Funny how I don't get affected by Tequila shots but B52!

Three weeks ago, we tried making Chicken Quesadilla and it was a great success! Yet, it didn't taste as good as the one the shop sells next to Muddy's! Heh. Anyway, the chefs working with me last Saturday were very sweet. They saw me purchasing dinner from outside instead of eating the one I cooked, the head chef made me not one but two chicken quesadillas for my dinner and supper. Thank you Ah Yong, Ah Heng and Thomas! :D

Today, we were inspired by GoGo Franks and made our own hotdog prata which was damn yummy. SpringHome Prata + Fairprice cheese & onion hotdogs + Maxchup chilli sauce +  mayonnaise + lettuce = very good lunch. I even prepared for others (surprise surprise).

Uncle had some fresh aloe vera so we decided to try cook it. To our dismay, we did not put sufficient rock candy/sugar into the hot water so it's turned out weird. We let it cool off for hours and soak it in the sugar syrup, and voila it was damn nice to chew. I still prefer the big, fat ones from Carrefour!

At the food fair last week I bought three packets of the raw seaweed coz it tastes so yummy on-site. However, when we try to put everything in, it just taste.......different. First I added oyster sauce, sesame oil, chilli sauce, chopped garlic, dash of lime juice, pepper, fish sauce....thinking that we're halfway there reaching the maximum taste. Then I added some sugar and everything was back to square one - bland, with only the sea salt flavour. Bleh.



The situation was salvaged when we added generous portion of pepper, chilli sauce and oyster suace. Hahaha. I told Stupid Boy I'm going to stay off seaweed for a while, if not we'll have to pan-fry it with egg then I will eat.

Dinner tonight was homemade curry, not like the ordinary ones I had at Al-Ameen or the thick gravy kind. This was tomato-based, sour and spicy, a lot more clearer. It was cooked with Asam fish and I think I finished half the big bowl despite gasping for breaths in between every mouth. Heh.

Hmm... I wonder what's next...

I WANNA TRY MA MAISON BUT NO MONEY!!! *Sobs*

0 comments:

thiang.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.