Nuffnang

Friday, March 18, 2011

Johnnie Walker Jet Black Party 2011 x Upcoming Weekend Appearances


 The hippest party last weekend - Johnnie Walker Jet Black Party - was held at the Red Dot Design Museum, The location was previously kept secret, and only made known to the invited guests! I was lucky to be part of the scene at thanks to NuffnangSG that I won the invites.


I had dinner with my buddy before that, and this was what I wore for the event.


My super tight origami-ish dress but I love it. It's a gift from the BF.  <3





We reached pretty early at 9p and already the people have started partying. Many guests were taking  in front of the backdrop in front of the museum. We skipped that went straight ahead to get ourselves verified. :3








Cute little Johnnie on my arm. :D


The registration took longer as usual because Johnnie Walker had decided to make use of social media to spread the joy. At the entrance, each guest had to log into our Facebook, Foursquare and Twitter account, and sync it with this tag:

 We wore this silicon bracelet throughout the night to 'check-in' at different parts of the venue - Toyko Room, London Room.. 

This is something new, a social media platform named Wooz.in to enhance consumer engagement. Each bracelet is tagged with an ID number and when we tapped in at the check-in machine, we will automatically be 'checked in' at the party and Wooz.in will update on our FB/Twitter/4Square accounts.


See how my buddy did it - just by tapping and after a beep sound, it's done.

You can read more about Wooz.in at Johnnie Walker Party on DK's blog.


Also, there is a wall that showcases a list of guests that have arrived at the party. Can you spot my name?

The party also prepared a microsite to show the guests who were present at the party:

I couldn't find mine, only the bf's.



This is the first room guests will arrive in, also a cozy area to catch up, network etc. Chio!


Guests were served free-flow Johnnie Walker Black Label whiskey in special concocted cocktails. Alternatively, you get have it neat or on-the-rocks.



The three of us enjoyed the awesome music by DJ Skribble, who kept the crowd pumpin' with energy.


There were also model/dancers performing on the stage.


Dressed in elaborate costumes, they tried to bring out the spirit of Tokyo in the Tokyo Room.


My hands are too short, I cropped out the boyfriend. :/


Also, I bumped into DK, Nadnut and CCB! And later, Cordelia too. Heh.


Can't believe just the night before, we were clicking away on our mouse, playing L4D2 and Counter Strike. Haha. My other buddy refused to come because he doesn't drink. Sob.


Forgot the name of this drink but it tastes milky and sweet. Hurhur. Got a little tipsy!


I love how the furniture at the event is nicely customised to let Johnnie the man glow in bright yellow. :D I just hoped they had seats, my legs were aching from standing for so many hours without a break. :(


Met Anggeckgek for the first time and she offered me some perk-me-up tablets, Fresh Up, to prevent hangover the next day. Sweet!


Oh each guest was also given a Johnnie Walker pin, Keep Walking.





Spotted on Johnnie Walker's FB page, thanks to Nad for tagging! :)





We left early because we all had a long day, but at the entrance, the queue was looooooooong it looked like we missed out the fun-nest parts. :/

At a quick glance, I saw models, bloggers, celebrities... all svelte and looking smokin' hot. But now, looking forward to the race!





Tired, dishevelled, but happy! Err, I look a bit naked here, as though I'm holding on to my dress that's falling off, but really it's not.

---
Anyway, I'm finally hosting for an event again. This time it's at The Cathay for J-Obsession. I'll be there tomorrow and on Saturday.

Friday, 18 March 2011, 6.30 - 9.30p
Saturday, 19 March 2011, 2 - 9.30p

If you happen to drop by, say hi! I haven't done this for quite a while, hopefully I don't screw things up!

**
On Sunday, I'll be walking down a 'green carpet' with QQ outside ION Orchard for a doggie fashion show! So excited for my little girl, her debut fashion show, haha. I'll be thankful if she doesn't bark at every. single. stranger. there.


It'll be held outside the main entrance of ION Orchard, at the "garden" area that was set up for the show. I think the walk will be at 11am.

**
Speaking of Love by the Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan Drama Troupe (where I was from) will also be performing at the Drama Centre, National Library this weekend. Tickets can be bought through Sistic, or me, at $25 each. 

One more show has been added on Sunday night.

I'm also helping out (a lil') in the costume department. Heh.

What an exciting weekend!!!

0 comments:

thiang.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.