Nuffnang

Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Nuffnang Story

Over the past few years, I have been an active supporter of Nuffnang. It has been a fulfilling year for me, as the year started with me being nominated as Vice-President for Nuffnang G+.  I have been part of the group ever since its launch, and  I’m so grateful to those fellow bloggers who have voted for me, it really came as a surprise for me.  :.)  Following that, I also made new friends and we attended numerous events together. 


Occasionally I have friends who ask me how I managed to get tickets for movie premieres, or how I got invited for parties/launches, I figured that it is simply because I blog with Nuffnang.   

Though I was no early adopter,  but my decision to hop on the bandwagon was justified.  I got really fed up with the previous blogging community where they never pays.  Unlike them, Nuffnang treats bloggers right.  Well it is embarrassing for me to admit that I did not begin my blogging journey with Nuffnang, but I have been with them ever since. 

Other than movie premieres, there were also the fashion showcases...
G2000 S/S 2011


Being involved with the local community -
NEA Environmental Design-A-Bin Contest

+
World Kindness Day (next blog entry!)

Other parties & events -
Whisper Girls' Night

 
Puma Social Club

Johnny Walker Black Party

Pizza Hut Food Tasting

 
McDonald's Food Tasting

 

...and even CNY dinner with Nuffies!  In November, I’ll even be joining ladyironchef for lunch along the Circle Line, along with other Nuffies.

There are good friends I made through Nuffnang.  We share similar interests in fashion, travel and food, and even give each other advise to our personal problems.  Some of these great Nuffies include Tracy, Janessa, Joanna, William, and Genevieve.

It was having the power to share some information and photos of events that I’ve attended that really piqued my interest in blogging, and I'm glad I have friends to keep me company along the way. :)


Now what’s left is to be able to attend the Blog Awards to highlight my Nuffnang journey.

Next month, Nuffnang will be holding its second Asia-Pacific Awards in Kuala Lumpur, with 500 bloggers from the region gracing the event. The Nuffnang Asia-Pacific Blog Awards [NAPBAS] is giving away awards for 13 categories:

Region’s Best Blog

Most Influntial Blog

Best Micro-Blog

Most Original Blog Design

Best Entertainment
Blog
Best Food Blog

Best Travel Blog

Best Photography Blog

Best Fashion Blog

Best Geek Blog

Best Parenting Blog - Leonny is one of the finalists!

Best Lifestyle Blog

Hidden Gem


Aside from attending the blogosphere’s event of the year, they will also get the opportunity to tour the city and experience the unique Malaysian culture (!!).


Despite having attended many events invited by Nuffnang, this is the ONE event that I really really want to go.  Ever since its first Christmas party held at the old DXO and having met some of the most interesting regional bloggers, I've always been inclined to attend the blog award ceremony!  Somehow, that one costume party had left a deep impression and I want to be part of it this time.  
(Previously I was there as somebody else's +1, so yeah. :( )

The most influential, interesting and competitive regional bloggers will vie for the Best ___ Blog and that is just so exciting!  I want to meet my favourite bloggers in person, and even if I don't get to interact with them in person, I'd still get a chance to see them and take pictures...  It would bring me such joy just to be 'star-stricken', really.

So it's going to be like a congregation of the funnest, funniest and fun-inducing group of people you can get out of a huge party as such!

It sounds like such an adventure and I wouldn’t want never miss an opportunity to travel and meet new people.   Being with Nuffnang for the past four years have at the very least, taught me to me more thick-skinned and sociable, where you just say hi and make friends!

Besides Malaysia, Nuffnang has offices in Singapore, Philippines, Australia, China and Hong Kong. More importantly, I believe that as Nuffnang grows, us Nuffie bloggers have also grown with them too.  

Thank you Nuffnang!

0 comments:

thiang.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.