Nuffnang

Friday, May 23, 2008

Fresh! Party

Fresh! Party for Freshmen happened on the 9 May 2008 at NP's Convention Centre! Co-organised by ESDAR and Radio Heatwave, many first year students turned up and some had a pretty awesome crazy time there.



Besides Baracuda Batacuta and D3 performing (story for another time), we also have Power 98's DJ Mario and Simonne appearances as well as Caracal and DJ Jeremy Boon from Zouk.

And all these happened on my first week back to school when I joined Radio Heatwave. I would say it's a good start since on the first day I learnt how to set up the OB set again and mingled with first-years to give out the Fresh! tickets.

On Friday, we went down to the venue early at 4pm to see if they need any help. Lucky for me being in Heatwave for two semesters already, I had no problem having the T-shirt. :) Sadly though, they had passed me an ugly Power 98 V-neck racerback, short and the cutting disgusting.

I had no choice but to wear it on stage, but thanks to Wen Tong I have a black cardigan to cover up.

On stage, testing sound, lights etc:

Marc the web manager.
Lamont the Programme Director and Darrick the General Manager.

Well, he's supposed to look ghostly instead of needy here.

Kym and I wanted to do a silhouette effect, but we certainly didn't expected to come out like this. Hur. *gasp* I can see my lashes! :P


When the smoke machine was spinning and generating smoke...

Darrick shielded his eyes when I came into the Heatwave office this morning because of the pink tights. :D

Kym the Publicity/Logistics Manager.

Most of us became very high as we started the silly antics:


Super gay.


I find it super hilarious that the lanyard smack right into Kym's cute face. Haha.

Wrong timing lah dhey~

1, 2, 3 freeze.


We, the Radio Heatwave team: Spot!




I'm interested to know if you can figure out which of the photos above has undergone major Photoshop operation. Make a guess!

Frankly speaking, I didn't expect Darrick, who look so could pull off this stunt:


And then Mag did a split!

When it was 6pm, Kym and I helped facilitate for the OB within Convention Centre. Emo Kym.

Thanks to Neng Hao for getting us the PA system though! :)

Mario came with Simonne and goodie bags for the freshies. He was wearing fake tattoo tights, in contrast with my pink ones. :)

Group photo (Sorry Wendy, no Jensen):

Inside the performers were still rehearsing:


At 7pm, the crowd started coming in. (Heh, I see Shu Ling)

Backstage:



This one is with event manger Daryl.

The lucky draw session was pathetic in my opinion, except for the first three prizes. Mag and Darrick were the emcees for the event.

The crowd loves Caracal, but definitely not me. It's nothing personal, just the genre of music. :/

The quiet bassist who stays still, and I like it!

The dummer who is one of the girls' favourites.

The guitarist whose face was half covered by his sweaty afro hair, yet shaking his head as he strum hard on his pretty guitar.

The lead singer, who also sways his sweaty head throughout, shouting his songs.


Another pretty boy in the band that drew many squeals and admiration.

For the rest of the night they partied and danced, albeit not very happy because the majority dislike House, and they were expecting R&B songs.


For that reason I heard many complaining that Jeremy Boon is lousy etc, which I beg to differ. It's just the different taste in music, that's all! :)

Hope those who went enjoyed the event and don't hate us!

RADIO HEATWAVE . (Website under construction, will be back by this week!)

0 comments:

thiang.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.