Nuffnang

Monday, October 25, 2010

Fighting The Virus Again

Just last month, I was sent to the hospital for two jabs.

Today, I am down with viral fever. I thought it was merely a case of "waking up on the wrong side of the bed"! But no, my whole body is aching, not the muscle ache kind, mind you, it's every little movement of my limbs, brushing against my skin that I feel pain. :c

Coincidentally, I am missing my second Psychology test. I'm not sure if my instructors/ group mates will be convinced, however, I am not making this up.

The last I took my temperature was 38.8 degrees, hopefully it'll subside tomorrow and I can go teach my Primary Two student (SA2 coming!) and revision for PSY, CSE + project work due Thursday. So screwed.

--

On another serious note, I am more or less fixed on changing my blog to wordpress. Eventually, get my own domain (ultimate dream! Haha). But that change will happen only after December when this semester ends.  Plus, Thiang@wordpress is now used for my academic purposes, so kindly help me out by leaving comments please! :3

--

Last month, I met some of the lecturers and schoolmates from Ngee Ann Mass Comm at the MCM21 party. Basically, the course turns 21 this year and the awesome people from the committee threw an amazing party at TAB!

The theme of the night was classy: Black & White. That was what I wore. Nothing new. I'm amazed by the entire setup, because I think it was very well done.

Love the logo design, and the sponsors they managed to collaborate with!



Hype also underwent a huge facelift and looks very professional.

I don't think there's much change in Radio Heatwave though. =,=



The hosts were lively and charismatic, no doubt they are MCM. TAB is quite cool with its soft lightings and new furnishings. Apparently, TAB is owned by MCM Alumni, Adrian. They have live bands there so if you're looking for a venue to chill,  I think TAB is a good choice.





What was lacking from the night was the food. Finger foods were butler-served, were only brought out late in the night and before the waiters even reached our table, they were gone. How upsetting! I even went with an empty stomach and paid cover fee for this party!

It was a pleasant surprise to see Mdm Koh, my news writing/feature writing teacher, belly dance! It was to my extreme glee that I bumped into ex-lecturer Mr Wong and he remembered my name (must be the disciplinary problem I gave him the other time. Heh.)

At the end of the night, I took a copy of the school newspaper (Tribune) and new HYPE magazine. The door gift is a nifty 2GB thumbdrive that I absolutely treasure.

I hope MCM will make this an annual event.
In the envelope contains a variety of vouchers from the sponsors, Porcupine and I used one for our monthsary at The Diet Butler. It's a little hard to get around there, but they serve yummy and healthy food.











This is the salad Porcupine had:

Mango and Sautéed Shrimp Salad with Cous Cous

The cous cous is a type of grain, and presumably good for you. However, it's an acquired taste and I didn't fancy it! The other food items from the menu are great though. :3

Gonna hit the sack now. My pee is very hot. Hahaha.

0 comments:

thiang.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.