Nuffnang

Friday, April 22, 2011

Fashion Styling Workshop {Fashion Season @ Orchard}

The Fashion Season@Orchard (FSO) 2011 Organizing Committee was very kind to invite me for one of their fashion styling workshops last weekend at Centrepoint. It was held in conjunction with the Fashion Season @ Orchard to celebrate Singapore's Art & Fashion scene! 

These styling workshops are part of a full lineup of events that span from late March to early May.

The Fashion Styling Workshops will end THIS WEEKEND so quickly sign up for them now if you want to learn tips of hair styling, makeup and dress to impress this Spring/Summer.

Here's what I wore last Saturday:


My session began at 11 in the morning with the hair stylists from Redken sharing some hairstyling techniques. 


Yeah, I was asked to be their 'model', hehe. 


My hairstylist is Joelle and she is very pretty! She works at Centrepoint, Capello Loft.


Step 1: She divided my hair into three sections. 



Step 2: She tied them up so it's easier to work with each portion.

Step 3: She twisted and turned the hair sections into bun, then pinned them down with normal bobby pins. 



Step 4: Secure the rest of the hair with hairspray. 

This is how I look from the back:


Very creative eh?! I like how she styled my fringe to make me look classy. 



There were other participants getting their hair styled too.

Girl on the right had a printed headband worked into her french braid, nice hor? Why I cannot do my own French?!!


The rack of clothes featured at the workshop

Sammy went with me and I <3 her crochet top design!



Other participants asking for more hair care tips



Always comb back your hair to give it more volume!




Asian heads (shape) are flatter on the top, so comb back, twist, push and pin it in!



On the other side, the Senior Hairstylist is working on a different hairstyle, explaining that it is important to practise using the curling rods (before switching it on) in order to get the direction right.

Within 5 minutes, he completed his curling for that lady and they look gorgeous please. 



He later gathered the lower half of the hair and tucked them inside to create this cute bob look.



Later, the beauty professionals from Shu Uemura to introduce their new line of mosturizer and foundation products. 



Shu Uemura UV Underbase Mousse {new!}



In addition, they gave a makeup demonstration and taught us how to enhance the eyes. 





Following that, Patrick Sin from Her World shared his professional opinions on how to pull off the latest Spring/Summer looks with frocks and loud prints.



Tie-dye dresses are in.

My favourite looks from the workshop are these:


White/cream crochet dresses; and instead of matching them with plain white flats, go for animal prints for more character.



And I love this lace dress that comes with the necklace. I would totally use that as a belt too. 


For a more casual look, go andro with a blouse and pants (I forgot the name for this particular type, starts with C! :( ). The bag's from Nine West.



This maxi dress is the bomb (pun intended)! It costs about $300+ (I think!), but the boob area is well-supported.



Spoilt for choice


   
After we left and headed for Robinsons, there was a fashion show at the atrium and look - Same hairstyle for all the models! Hehe. So bloody tall and good-looking... *self-pity*

We walked along Orchard Road and after that Sam went to meet her friends and I went to ION to shop. Hehe. Took pictures of my hair in the loo:

Side view -



Front view -


<3 my HOH-inspired necklace







Loots for the day: Goodie bag from the workshop and my new Nike Free Run + 2 (will blog about this another time!).



I have started using the envelope clutch that I got from the workshop, it even matches my outfit that day. Very spacious, it fits my 15" laptop.



A closer look at the bag. But I don't intend to use it for Poppy, too filmsy for that already.


Also, you can Shop & Win during FOS. I already submitted my Nike purchase for the draw, hope to win some shopping vouchers!


Have a great weekend! My Good Friday was awesome. :D


0 comments:

thiang.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.