Nuffnang

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bang! Bang! Motherf**kers!

Cheoup.

That's not a line Thiang would use. Nah-uh.

But things are different for the Angsty boyband My Chemical Romance, who came down to Singapore last week for its Malaysia/Singapore concert tour.


To me, perhaps due to the choice of music genre, MCR concert was more of a blah rather than a blast.

Bang bang Motherf*ckers!

was the opening line when the lead singer came out from the side left of the stage, garnering a LOT of shrieks and screams from the emo, the young punks and the whites of the audience standing area.

Not only that, but the following 10 sentences worth of speech include at least 1 F*ck in it.

Look at you all MotherF*ckers, you are all so beautiful.
All I did was giggle and looked around for reaction from the crowds.

Are you all f*cking ready tonight?

Are you f*cking ready to rock it out?

F*ck you all!

Seriously man, very vulgar already.

It all began when I was invited to go to the concert with the Heatwave mates and so I just tagged along, thinking that it would be loads of fun since it's my first concert. Boy was I wrong.

Whoo! Special tickets with my name on it! :)

You know what? Fans of MCR are dying to land their hands one of these green tags because these are the best tickets, costing $97 each. Yet, Kenneth, Nadhirah, Neng and I were hoping we could take the seats behind. And we got eight of these tags. Bloody ... lucky.

After we collected the tags, we thought we still had to queue to enter, so we spent a good 1 hour in the VERY long queue outside Max Pavillion. Oh well, at least we get to act stupid, talk and people watch.
Now I know Kennth (left) hates taking photos. Especially candid ones. :P

I wanted to uh, join in The Black Parade, with a bit of "character", so I wore this. The night before I went to dig out my Secondary school Rip Curl backpack to complete the look. Hur. The laptop in my bag, I swear it's killin' me.

Midway through a conversation, either of the boys came up with a brilliant idea of selling the tickets, and we shall use the money to get ourselves drinks and take cab, AND still have money left! It was such a good thought that we almost succumbed to the temptation.

Laughable, but a REALLY good deal. Sadly, it's illegal and we're good kids, not punk. We are the down-to-earth clean people who went to the MCR concert, prolly looking like we went to the wrong one.

Of course, we're still happy we got the tickets for free, and we could cut in the damn long queue.

Nad brought along two of her girlfriends and most of the time they were chatting and smoking somewhere so I didn't get to talk to her very much during the queue.




The MCR members came out once to only mic test and the crowd went bonkers, clapping, cheering and screaming, unbearable. We went in early, but chose a safe spot at the corner of the standing area and sat down (I know, who does that at a PUNK ROCK concert right?).

You know, at the entrance before allowed to go in, there were warnings that no photography allowed, let alone videography, but check this out:

And you're saying? It's so funny.

At some point in time, there were fans who took out their lighters and made use of it as a source of light, waving around in the air. 0.0 I can understand light sticks and maybe handphone backlight, but err, lighters?

Not only that, but halfway through the event, one of the band members shouted,

I want all my boys take off your clothes and wave them in the air!
They did. Well, a quarter of them did. One extreme kid threw his jeans to the front all right. Whoo! Such insanity.

The boys were cracking jokes. For example, a bunch of youngsters fainted five minutes into the concert and were dragged to the medic area (we were next to it), and it's so silly, because she had just spent $97 to lie on the floor, listen to MCR and get a free bottle of mineral water. :D

I remember one more serious case, where the medics couldn't wake one of the girls up, and she was carried away in a stretcher. Scary siol.

On the bright side, I do enjoy a couple of songs, like Alena, Welcome To The Black Parade and most of all, I Don't Love You. It touched me deep, because this song was recommended by a emo kid to me himself.

So here.


Despite the noise, the atmosphere was good (not that I'd enjoy it), but that's how a concert should FEEL like. The fans were crazy, had loads of fun, but we were sulking behind, cursing and swearing, regretting why we didn't sell the tickets. Hur.

I take it as an experience, but I will never risk for this kind of concert ever again. Because next morning, I couldn't wake up in time for my presentation, and my eardrums surely received a certain level of damage.

Thanks to Radio Heatwave for the opportunity! I heard *coughs* Switchfoot is coming next *shrieks*!

:P
That's all for tonight you Motherf**kers.


Woh, intense.
P.S. Did I mention that I saw a family of four (2 boys aged around 10-12) and a couple of couples aged around 40 or so there? Oh, of course, Levan and Rossalyn were there too. I couldn't spot The Muttons leh.

0 comments:

thiang.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.